Hello friends! Well, it’s confession time. I’ve missed a few weekly updates! Between a trip to visit family, then moving, getting sick, and some craziness at work, I just wasn’t able to keep up with blogging. But I’m excited to share this edition of The Weekly Vista and hope you enjoy it as well.
If you have a few minutes…
Kelly in the City: Raising a Helper
Motherly: How to get started with toy minimalism—and let creativity flourish
Sojourners: How We Treat Immigrants Is How We Treat God
Communicating Across Boundaries: Healing Words
Our favorite recipes!
Finite Foodie: Classic Hummus (I make this each week to top my salads with!)
Rabbit and Wolves: Pasta with Vegan Romesco Sauce
Recipe Runner: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bowl
Finite Foodie: Sweet Potato and Black Eyed Pea Burgers
I Will Not Eat Oysters: Kale Salad Bowl
My top 5 favorite things
- Beauty Counter Charcoal Bar: Just a note, I don’t sell Beauty Counter! I started using this bar to wash my face about six months ago and have really loved it. It has helped with some of the oiliness I struggle with and would highly recommend it. My skin is really sensitive too, so the fact that it has responded so well is a huge plus.
- Earth Wise Reusable Mesh Produce Bags: I’m always looking for ways to lessen my impact on the environment. We have a bunch of these bags (honestly we could use more!) and really like them.
- Thayers Witch Hazel Toner: Like I said above, I have super sensitive skin so I’m very particular about what I use. I found this toner at Whole Foods and have been loving it ever since!
- Chaco Sandals: I snagged mine from the REI Garage Sale (if you are in Philly, the Conshohoken sale is coming up on July 14th!). These have been fantastic for walks, hiking, and gardening during the summer. I dragged my feet on buying them and wish I had gotten them earlier!
- Gardens Alive Composter: We have recognized that the bulk of our garbage is food scraps. Now, not all of this can be composted, but a good amount can! (We eat a lot of fresh produce.) We snagged this composter and I’m super excited to get started with it!
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!
How to travel with a baby on a plane
How to travel with a baby in the car
Review: The Finite Foodie Cookbook
How to tame an overgrown garden
Father’s Day Gift [Follow-Up]