Can you believe summer is almost over?! I mean, this week is the last full week of July, which is just crazy to me. I am trying to figure out how to better enjoy the special moments and be present with my little family. As I write this, my son is eyeing up the computer waiting to slap the keyboard and it reminds me how I need to hurry up and be present with him! So, without further ado, here is this week’s edition.
If you have a few minutes…
NPR: Empowering Kids In An Anxious World
Her View From Home: Marry the Man Who Does the Little Things
NPR: Replacing Vacant Lots With Green Spaces Can Ease Depression In Urban Communities
For The Long Hall: Building and Maintaining a Classic Minimal Wardrobe
My top 5 favorite things this week
- Rain Shower Water Table – We took major advantage of Prime Day and got this water table as our birthday present for our son. We just set it up today, but I anticipate many days of enjoyment in our future!
- Eco-Friendly Cutlery – We ordered these as an eco-friendly disposable option for our son’s birthday party and they worked super well! We are going to be sharing a full write-up on the party soon.
- Legacy of Clean Concentrated Laundry Detergent – I make our regular detergent from scratch but use this for cloth diapers. It is really great quality and does a good job cleaning the diapers!
- Maternity/Nursing PJ Set with Matching Baby Outfit – I didn’t get this for our first, but have it on my list for any future pregnancies. (We are not currently pregnant!) If you are trying to find some good pjs for the hospital, you should definitely check these out!
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three – Now that we officially have a toddler (cue the tears), I’m trying to read up on and prepare for how we will be disciplining him. I’ve hear rave reviews about this book so it is on my list to get! (If you have any recommendations for this topic, please share in the comments.)
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!