Well, it is August and if you are like me, this year is just flying by! I am finding that I need to create some margin in my life and be more present in the day to day. Still figuring out how to accomplish that, but I feel confident that I need to do it! If you have any ideas for for becoming more present in the day to day, I’d love to hear them!!
If you have a few minutes…
A Gal’s Guide to Money: The Fundamentals: Living Within Your Means
Her View From Home: It’s Lonely Being the Mom Who Says No
NY Times: Motherhood in the Age of Fear
TedX Rainier: Media and Children
NPR: How To Get Your Kids To Do Chores (Without Resenting It)
My top 5 favorite things this week
- Everybody, Always: This book is on my reading list! In a time when it seems like people approach each other without love at the core, this book seems like a good pick.
- Wooden Xylophone: This is in my Amazon cart for our little guy! He loves making music and I am sure he will love it.
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes: We try to use reusable cleaning wipes normally, but like to have these on hand for cleaning toys or the occasional mess that it just too icky for reusable towels!
- Madewell Mules: I am literally dreaming of these shoes! I don’t buy clothing/shoes very often, but I have got these HIGH on my list.
- Zoo Membership: We recently got a membership to the Philadelphia Zoo and absolutely love it! Memberships are a great way to support zoos, get some outdoor time, and provide great entertainment for the littles.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!