We just got home from two weeks of travel and boy is it good to be home! We treasure the time to see family and friends, but it is always nice to get back to your own place. (In case you missed it, I recently shared our tips for traveling with a baby by car and by plan.) Now that we are back home, we are working on getting settled and ready for the week. For us, that means restocking the kitchen, doing some cleaning (I always do a deep clean right before a trip), sorting through the mail, and taking some time for R&R.
That said, this week’s edition is focused on some of the things I got to read while we were traveling, our go-to meals for easy cooking after coming back from a trip, and some of our favorite items that we used a LOT while out of town.
If you have a few minutes…
KCTV 5 News: ‘Worrisome’ levels of lead, arsenic found in popular baby foods
NPR: To Fix That Pain In Your Back, You Might Have To Change The Way You Sit
Motherly: 11 soothing phrases to say when your child is crying
New Atlas: Connection between stress and autoimmune disease affirmed by massive 30-year study
Motherly: Can we retire the #winemom phenomenon?
What’s on our menu this week
Cookie + Kate: Kale Burrito Bowl
The Wanderlust Kitchen: Cuban Bowl
Yup It’s Vegan: BBQ Pulled Carrot Tacos
Jar of Lemons: Vegan Turmeric Bowl
Spinach4Breakfast: Cilantro Lime Tacos
My top 5 favorite things this week
- Convertible Booster Seat – We purchased this once we arrived in California and it was awesome. Honestly, we just keep it in the car now and use it anytime we are out and about.
- Wipe Off Bibs – We have been needing these for a LONG time and finally got a set. Ours were safari animals, but this whale themed one is so cute!
- Frog and Toad Storybook Collection – This is one of our all-time favorite books and we bring it every time we travel so we have lots of book options with the least amount of space required.
- Chacos for Women – My husband and I both have a pair of Chacos and they are the best to travel in. Very easy to get on and off if you are going through TSA Security at the airport, and are amazingly comfortable.
- Working Gloves – These have been some of my favorite gloves to use while gardening! I often tore other gardening gloves, but these have been very durable.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!