Well it is back to school time and our family is starting to get into a whole new rhythm now that my husband’s school program has started again for the year. This season is truly my favorite, even though it can be really busy and overwhelming. The fall weather is my absolute favorite. The coolness of fall with the crisp air that is welcoming in winter is just perfect in my mind. Fall is also the start of football season, which is big in our house.
This week’s edition of The Weekly Vista is with the fall season in mind! What are your favorite aspects of the fall season?
If you have a few minutes…
NPR: How To Get Kids To Do Chores: Does The Maya Method Work?
Motherly: These 3 words changed the way I parent—and made me kinder to myself, too
NY Times: If Congress Changes Food Stamp Requirements, Kids Will Go Hungry
NY Times: Why You Should Take Time to Mourn During Career Transitions
Motherly: Mentally strong kids have parents who refuse to do these 13 things
My top 5 favorite things this week
- The Finite Foodie Cookbook: I am SO excited that the cookbook is now available! My mom, brother, and I have worked for years on this cookbook (the bulk of the credit definitely goes to my mom), and now all that hard work has come to fruition. This cookbook is perfect for anyone who wants healthy recipes without needing too many kitchen supplies or kitchen space. If you are a busy mom, the parent of a recent grad or college student, living in a small space, or have limited cooking experience, this cookbook is FOR YOU! I hope you’ll check it out.
- Munchkin Bath Toy Organizer: I finally bit the bullet and got a toy organizer for bath toys so they weren’t all other the bathroom/house. This is great because it scoops up the toys easily and drains the water out so they don’t get gross.
- Outlet Cover and Cord Shortener: We have covers for outlets, but they are annoying to get off and don’t fix the issue of tiny hands pulling out cords that are plugged into outlets. I recently bought a bunch of these outlet covers that will make it easier and safer to have things plugged in!
- Charcoal Water Bottle Filter: I snagged one of these over the weekend (they sell out quickly) and am so excited to be able to incorporate a more eco-friendly water filter system! Package Free has other shapes and sizes for your water at home. It’s a great way to get away from other filters that create a lot of waste.
- Bottle Brush Set: I got this so we have a dedicated bottle brush for ours (we have one for baby bottles). We are really bad about washing water bottles and coffee travel mugs and I’m hoping that this set sitting at our kitchen sink will serve as a good reminder for us.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!