Well, I’d like to dance around with joy that fall is here but it is EIGHTY DEGREES in Philadelphia. And I can’t say I’m happy about it. (Maybe we can move to Montana next…) Anyways, I am going to force fall to happen whether it likes it or not. So, get prepared for pumpkins, mums, hot tea, sweaters, and cozy socks Philly…I’m coming for you.
If you have a few minutes…
The Economist: The stress that kills American workers
Harvard Business Review: What I Learned About Working Parenthood After My Kids Grew Up
Coffee and Crumbs: Moms Don’t Get Sick Days.
The Everygirl: Ways to Stay Productive When You Work From Home
Recipes ideas I’m eyeing up:
I’m always on the lookout for new, interesting, and tasty ideas that are inexpensive and easy to make! Here are some recipes I’m looking to bring into the rotation:
The Toasted Pine Nut: Butternut Squash Halloumi Buddha Bowl
Bon Appetit: Tomato and Cannellini Bean Soup
Kale and Caramel: Easy Black Bean Salad Bowl
Healthy Little Foodies (Meal Idea for the Little Man): Mexican Lentil Bake
My top 5 favorite things this week
- Melissa and Doug Play Cleaning Set – Our little guy is OBSESSED with the vacuum. So, we got him this cleaning set and he absolutely loves it. The package says it is recommended for slightly older kids, but it hasn’t been an issue. Next I need to find him a vacuum…
- Zutano Booties with Grippers – We had bought Zutano booties before and loved them. They keep little toes warm and stayed on pretty well. (Better than socks at least!) We wanted to get some new ones for this winter season, but now that we have a walker, we needed some with grippers.
- For The Boys (Donation) – I’ve been a fan of For The Boys since they started. Some friends launched this nonprofit and I am incredibly impressed with the work they are doing. They are a new nonprofit and would, of course, benefit from extra support. I would encourage you to learn more about them!
- Wild Tonic Kombucha – I already had a pretty serious obsession with kombucha, but this stuff is AMAZING. Like, if I could just drink this every day for the rest of my life I would be happy. Care packages welcome.
- The Finite Foodie Cookbook – I know I included this in my last weekly edition, but I am just SO PROUD of this that I had to include it again! Our cookbook is finally out and you can order yours today.