I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m going to blink and it’s going to be Thanksgiving! I love this time of year so much, but I always feel like it just flies by. I want to savor every moment, but also want to do all the things…which can make for more stress than I like.
This year, I’m working on prioritizing and identifying what I want to focus my energy on. The older I get, the more I want to make sure I am able to spend time with friends and family, rather than spending too much time trying to create the “perfect” holiday.
If you have a few minutes…
The Everymom: 4 Tips to Create a Montessori-Style Home
The Bump: How to Raise an Eco-Conscious Child
NY Times: Opinion: It’s Getting Harder to Talk About God
The Economist: The stress that kills American workers
Recipes ideas I’m eyeing up:
I’m always on the lookout for new, interesting, and tasty ideas that are inexpensive and easy to make! Here are some recipes I’m looking to bring into the rotation:
Kim’s Cravings: Sriracha Salmon Quinoa Bowl
Monkey and Me: Lemon Herb Asparagus Potato Salad
Maebells: Crispy Brussel Sprout Fried Rice (We recently had this and it is SO GOOD! We’ve got it on our menu for this week too.)
My top 5 favorite things this week
- Everlane Stretch Denim: So, I just bought a pair and they haven’t arrived yet, but I anticipate I’m going to love these. I heard about them on another blog I follow and the stretch allowed the jeans to fit really comfortably AND they held their shape really well. Did I mention they are only $68?! I’ll keep you posted once these arrive.
- Melissa and Doug Puzzle: This puzzle is easy shapes, but the coolest part is that it has the ability to say the name of the shape! This is something that I know our little guy will love for a long time.
- GoMacro Bars: I have searched high and low for delicious granola bars that are gluten free, soy free, and vegan. (There are not many!!) These are amazing. They are pretty pricey for a granola bar, but I still splurge on them every now and then. (I’ve found the best price on Vitacost.)
- The Nesting House: This is for Philadelphia locals, but if you can get to a Nesting House location you should! Not only do they have the most adorable baby and kid things, but they also have incredible consignment items. I snagged some adorable winter hats for our little guy. Definitely check them out!
- The Balanced Life Sisterhood: You’ve heard me talk about The Balanced Life before, and I’m excited to share that membership to the sisterhood is now open! You can learn more about it on their site, but don’t wait too long to register.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or any topics you’d like me to cover in The Weekly Vista!